Superior Court of Alameda County Public Portal

Court Reservations FAQ

+ 1. How can I reserve a motion slot when the system shows there is no available slot?

If the system cannot find an available motion slot you, review department instructions then email the department to reserve the motion.

+ 2. Which courtrooms participate in the court reservation system (CRS)?

Click here for a list of participating departments that accept reservations through the CRS system. Click here for Department Information.

+ 3. Did previous Domain reservations carry over to eCourt CRS?

No, reach out to the Court to manage reservation.

+ 4. What do the statuses mean?

eCourt CRS uses a different scheme for reservation status.
  • Reserved - The hearing is currently reserved
  • Confirmed - The hearing is confirmed (i.e. document filed and scheduled)
  • Completed - The hearing was held and has a result (you will see the result in the reservation history)
  • Canceled - The hearing was canceled

+ 5. Why am I getting a No Records Found if I have my reservation?

It means the system cannot find your reservation based on the Reservation ID and PIN you supplied. Make sure the Reservation ID and PIN numbers are entered correctly. It's often better to copy/paste these values from your confirmation email than to manually enter them. Use the PIN Recovery feature to recover the PIN assigned during the initial reservation. Verify the Reservation ID is valid by looking up your reservation in the Public Reservation Lookup. You may also search by case number in the Public – Find a Reservation. If you still cannot find your reservation after following these steps, please contact support.

+ 6. Are documents still required to have Reservation ID numbers?

Yes, when filing a Motion that requirement will continue to exist.

+ 7. When a reservation is rescheduled/canceled, a notice sent and the slot reopened?

The slot will reopen and a notice will only be issued if the reservation is done by the Court. If the reservation is rescheduled by the moving party a notice will not be issued.

+ 8. After I reserve a date, how soon thereafter can I file my motion?

Immediately. There is no system delay or wait time. However, it is very important to have your CRS reservation ID ready at the time of eFiling so that you can enter the reservation ID in the system to properly link your document and the motion reservation.

+ 9. What are payment profiles?

  • The payment profile that is set up is stored on a secure and industry-leading server. The Court does not store your information internally. Once a profile is created, every transaction on CRS using your credit card will be processed without ever requiring you to type in card information.
  • Creating a payment profile also means CRS never has to store, process, or transmit your credit card data.
  • Attorney Service Companies and Law Firms may set up a single payment profile allowing their members to use "company cards" rather than requiring each member to create their own profile.

+ 10. Is there a fee to reserve a court hearing in the court reservation system (CRS)?

Yes, there is a $1.00 charge for each court hearing reservation requested.

+ 11. Why was my credit card payment declined?

Credit card payments generally get declined for many reasons including insufficient funds, frozen account status, invalid credit card number or expiration date, invalid CVV number, etc. Unfortunately, the card-issuing bank often does not provide us additional details regarding the reason for the decline -- that's why the error you see simply states "transaction declined". If no reason is given, you'll need to contact the card-issuing bank for more information about the specific reason for your decline.

+ 12. Can I change my reservation type after I’ve made a reservation?

Reservation types are used during fee calculations and specific to the motion types. Therefore, reservation types cannot be changed.

+ 13. Do I need to make a reservation for Ex parte matters?

Yes, a reservation is required.

+ 14. How do I pay for multiple first appearance fees in a motion?

Only the motion filing fees will be collected with the reservation. First appearance fees will be collected when the document is efiled.

+ 15. If the court canceled my reservation, do I need to pay for another one?

Reach out to the court. This varies on a case-by-case basis.

+ 16. How do I print the CRS receipt?

Go to My Previous Reservations or View Your Reservation. Scroll to the bottom and press “View Receipt”. On the resulting page, scroll to the bottom and press the “Print Page” button.

+ 17. My hearing was held and continued. Can I still use CRS to manage my reservation?

No. If your hearing is held and continued, you will no longer be able to manage your reservation through CRS. You will need to contact the department if you have any questions or to coordinate a reschedule.