The Superior Court of California, County of Alameda, provides the public with online access to Civil, Family, Probate, Mental Health, and Adoption case records (documents and information) through the eCourt Public Portal. The portal provides information about all civil and civil appeals, Family, Probate, Mental Health and Adoption case cases, but does not include information about about
Traffic cases. For criminal case records, visit the
Criminal Record Request
In addition to providing access to images of documents for many types of cases (which can be viewed and printed for a fee), portal offers the following services:
where you can search by name and receive a list of case numbers and filing dates matching the party name entered, if the information is available. The first 1,500 cases will be displayed in the results. The register of actions will be displayed when a case number is selected. The fee for name search is:
- $1.00 for one name search credit
- $4.00 for 5 name search credits
- $7.00 for 10 name search credits
- $45.00 for 75 name search credits
- $300.00 per 30 days for unlimited name search credits (this period is based on 30 consecutive days, not a 1-month timeframe)
Once you have located a name, you may view up to 10 cases for that name before you are required to do another name search.
where you can choose a date and court location, and see calendars for departments at the selected location.
Case Number Search:
where, if you know the case number, you can read about the parties to a case, read the Register of Actions and the minutes, view dates for future hearings, and view and/or print images of case documents.
* Case Payment Search: where, if you know the case number, you can pay for any outstanding fees.
* Public Reports (Filings) Search: which provides links to all non-confidential cases filed on any given day, by location and case type. This search page allows you to view (not print) the initial case creation petition (filing) for free for the first 5 days from the date of the filing.
* Document Downloads: Non-confidential, non-sealed documents are available for download if permitted under the California Rules of Court. A case number is needed to download documents. The fee for document download is $1 per page for the first 5 pages and, $.50 per page for each additional page (per document) with a cap of $50 per document. Document downloads are available for 30-days. There is a half page preview of the documents available for free.
Request for Certified Copies: A request for certified copies can be made by filling out the Civil Records Request form and submit to the Records Management Unit via Drop Box or U.S. Mail to the proper courthouse where the case is being heard. Please include a check or money order in the appropriate amount along with a self-addressed stamped envelope. If you have any question contact Ask Records.
Popup blocker software must be disabled, and your browser must accept cookies to use this site.
For issues with registration or use of the portal please contact us here.